Bookkeeper and Office Management Assistant
Type: Part time, permanent
Location: Lowville, New York
The Bookkeeper and Office Management Assistant has diverse responsibilities that range from coordinating all activities associated with maintaining the daily finances of the company to managing schedules and inventories to planning company events and travel. Additionally, the Bookkeeper and Office Management Assistant serves as the first point of contact for Human Resources and has a prominent role in recruitment of new employees, benefits administration, and HR compliance.
The position requires strengths in coordination, organization, planning, time management, and flexibility in roles, as well as an attention to detail and creativity. The individual must be able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The focus of the Bookkeeper and Office Management Assistant is the coordination of daily finances and office administration. This includes:
Bookkeeping responsibilities include:
- Maintaining double-entry accounting for all inflow and outflows, as well as account reconciliation.
- Reviewing and submitting bi-weekly payrolls via web-based employee management system.
- Keeping the company current on all local, state, and federal payroll taxes.
- Assisting with the creation and maintenance of annual budgets.
- Development and preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local requirements.
- Participation in recruitment and onboarding of new employees.
- Maintenance of pertinent employee information, documentation, and records.
- Keeping the company updated on local, state, and federal employment requirements and ensuring that the company maintains compliance with all such requirements.
- Administration of the company benefits program.
- Serving as the first point of contact for employee questions related to payroll and benefits.
- Coordinating company events and meetings, as well as managing travel arrangements for staff and guests.
- Handling direct communication with clients, staff, and other inquiries via phone and email.
- Other bookkeeping, human resources, and general office administration tasks, as required.
Experience, Education and Other Requirements
- Associates degree or higher.
- Proficiency with office software including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, as well as accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks, Microsoft Dynamics GP)
- Two years’ experience as bookkeeper in small to mid-size organization.
- One years’ experience assisting with human resource administration.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals of all personality types, both written and verbally.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- An attention to detail and able to identify issues and resolve them in an effective and timely manner.
- Able to adhere to strict confidentiality requirements and be reliable with a strong sense of responsibility.
Terms of Employment
- Part time, permanent position.
- Flexible hours, currently requiring 20 hours per week.
- Hours of work are generally between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday to Friday, but flexibility, including occasional evening or weekend work, may be required to meet deadlines.
- Hourly rate commensurate with education and experience.
- Annual bonuses based on individual and corporate performance.
- Access to group benefits package.
- Dairy Health provides training and is committed to ongoing employee development.